Thumbs Down

Thumbs+Down

PDA

The Valentine’s season is a time when people can show their affection and appreciation for those close to them.
However there are several things that cross the line in public, and make people uncomfortable.
The school is not the place for couples to express their affection for each other.
As a bystander, watching couples engage in PDAs can be an uncomfortable experience for many reasons.
Not only is it unpleasant for others to watch, it can be upsetting to watch for those without a partner.
Displays of affection should be kept to private places to avoid making the general population of the school uncomfortable.
It is a simple courtesy that students should respect.

Not Enough Snow

The past few months, and even the past few years at this time of year have been dominated by a type of precipitation we would rather not see: rain.
At this time of year we want to see snow.
It is the winter after all, and we would love to enjoy a nice weekend of heavy snow every once in a while.
Recently, however, our area has gotten almost all rain, and when it does snow, the snow is soon melted by the rain.
This is an example of climate change, and a way of seeing its effects clearly in our lives.
If climate change is not recognized as much as it should be, these trends will continue, and we will be hard pressed to find a heavy snowstorm in our area.
While snow has a sense of wonder to it, rain like we have been getting is dreary.

Wrong Side of the Hall

Our school has about aproximately 2,000 students in the student body.
Each of these students has a unique schedule that requires them to move about the school between every block.
This means that roughly 2,000 students are moving through the halls after every block, creating a huge jumble.
This is made even worse on the stairs, when people are forced to wait at certain levels because of how clogged the stairs are.
This can be helped by walking only on the right side of the stairs, something that should be second nature given how traffic moves in the United States.
All students, regardless of grade, should follow this simple rule to unclog our hallways.