Cornhole Club is fun, competitive environment for faculty, students

Hoping to bring continued awareness to the club, Cornhole Club held a tournament on February 29 pitting teachers against students.
Corning+around%E2%80%A6Enjoying+the+competition%2C+guidance+counselor+Daniel+Glatts+and+math+teacher+Kelly+Nevenglosky+participated+in+the+Cornhole+Club%E2%80%99s+tournament+on+February+29.++
Natalie Helfrich
Corning around…Enjoying the competition, guidance counselor Daniel Glatts and math teacher Kelly Nevenglosky participated in the Cornhole Club’s tournament on February 29.

In order to promote their circle, Cornhole Club held a teacher versus student tournament in the gymnasium on February 29 after school, creating a fun environment for faculty and pupils.
Along with the games organizers set up, they also offered a variety of snacks that players could enjoy in between games.
According to junior Nicole Kleckner, she particularly enjoyed the event due to the “bonding” between the students and teachers.
“I got a chance to play against some of my favorite teachers,” Kleckner said. “It was really nice to have a chance to get closer with them.”
Additionally, Kleckner describes the event’s setting as positive.
“It was overall a good environment to be involved in,” Kleckner said
Study hall proctor Louann Danner feels similarly. She found it to be “pleasing” to be able to participate in this tournament.
“Even though I haven’t played cornhole in years, it was still fun to play against the students,” Danner said.
Moreover, many of the participants agreed that the event itself was a success amongst the school.
According to Cornhole Club advisor Alison Todd, the tournament was an “accomplishment.”
“It went really well,” Todd said. “Everyone seemed to have a lot of fun.”
Junior Lia Tabernilla agrees, saying that she would “100%” participate in a cornhole event again.
“Playing cornhole wasn’t something I expected to enjoy, but I am planning on playing it again after this tournament,” Tabernilla said.
Additionally, the club hopes to bring in more members to add to the experience.
“If more people could join, I think it would make tournaments and events like these even better,” Tabernilla said.
According to Kleckner, she believes that people should consider joining.
“People should really consider joining the Cornhole Club,” Klecker said. “It’s really fun and if more people are a part of it I think it would just better the club entirely.”
As the school year goes on, the club aspires to hold similar events.
“Every Wednesday we hold a meeting during Red Zone where anyone can play,” Todd said. “We also try to hold one event per semester where Peter Becker residents come and play against students.”