The Student News Site of Souderton Area High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

‘Loki’ is a confusing, emotional masterpiece

[SPOILERS AHEAD] The newest season of “Loki” features many thrilling plot points that keeps the show interesting and relatable. New characters are introduced, old characters make a comeback and awesome new powers make for an epic final season.

Following the series finale in season two of “Loki,” fans are left satisfied knowing that the once god of mischief found his “glorious purpose” at the end of time.
“Loki” season two picks up right where it left off in season one. Sylvie killed He Who Remains and caused the uncontrollable branching of multiversal timelines.
Loki and his partner Mobius spend the season trying to find a way to prevent the collapse of the multiverse, while also tracking down Miss Miuntes and Renslayer, who are on a journey to reinstate the TVA and restore the “Sacred Timeline.”
The Temporal Loom is the machine responsible for the control of branching timelines.
Loki and his team come up with a gadget that can scale the device’s capacity to manage all of the branches.
After the plan to save all of time fails, Loki uses his time-slipping ability to travel back in time and try things differently. Loki spends centuries traveling back and forth through time, learning everything he can about physics to save everything.
Eventually the plan succeeds but the plan itself was flawed.
Once Loki realizes that there is no winning for everybody, he makes the selfless decision to manage the branches himself. In this emotional scene, Loki literally weaves the strands of time together with his bare hands, creating a tree-like structure resembling Yggdrasil, the Norse tree of life. Loki contains the multiverse and creates his own throne that will seat him for the rest of time.
Watching Loki, played by Tom Hiddleston in what will most likely be his final MCU project, was beautiful.
Hiddleston, along with all Marvel fans, got to witness a heroic ending for a misunderstood villain that has been with the MCU since the beginning.
It is safe to say that Loki has the best character arc of anyone in the MCU.
This season of “Loki” was amazing.
Every episode had an exciting or important event and the audience never felt disappointed. Although confusing at times, the plot was very good.
The introduction of strange new ideas made it a lot to handle mentally but by the end of the show it got easier.
The introduction of new characters carried this season. Marvel Studios makes it easy for the audience to fall in love with these new people, making the finale even more emotional.
Ouroboros, referred to in the show as O.B, is the best addition to the show. A genius scientist who is responsible for the creation of the Temporal Loom makes for a funny but brutally honest character.
Another great addition iss Victor Timely, a non-evil variant of He Who Remains. Timely was fun to watch due to the fact that he was also a genius scientist and inventor. Watching O.B. and Timely fangirl over each other is one of the best moments this season.
The biggest disappointments are the returning characters.
After major character development from Sylvie and B-15 in season one, they are lacking something this season.
Sylvie became an annoyance after the first episode. Her stubbornness and inability to see the bigger picture make for a weird situation because Loki loves her, but as an audience we don’t really care.
As for B-15, virtually nothing changed over the course of season two.
With a changed perspective from season one, she expresses nerves about the future (and past) of time and the Time Variance Authority.
All in all, Loki did not disappoint.
Compared to recent Marvel projects this one is better by a longshot. It was awesome to see a character that the audience has grown to love get the ending he deserves. Marvel fans are forever grateful to Hiddleston and Marvel Studios for giving us an amazing story and lovable character.