Film Fest ‘Big Red Carpet Event’

To have a fun and educational experience, students created movies and skits to submit to the Film Festival. The films were shown to parents and other students on May 11.

By creating films to enter in the Film Fest, students had a fun and educational experience viewing their films in the auditorium on May 11 at 6 p.m.
According to senior Jackson Rohrbaugh, the Film Fest is a place where he can get feedback on his films and how to improve them.
“Just getting some critiques in my videos is always good because you are never going to make a perfect film,” Rohrbaugh said.
Film Club advisor Alicia Simpson, who organizes the Film Fest, said that kids can come in to get feedback from past students now part of the film industry.
“I have had people come in who have been judges,” Simpson said, “[and] they are alumni of Souderton and have come and talked to them, and the kids can ask their questions.”
Rohrbaugh said that the Film Fest also offers the chance to learn about new techniques and ideas from seeing other student’s projects.
“It is nice to see how one person may have made a little skit different than how someone else might have made a similar fictional story,” Rohrbaugh said.
According to Rohrbaugh, the Film Fest is full of great projects that inspire him and can be incorporated into his future projects.
“There are a lot of very talented people at the high school, so it is great to see what other people are making,” Rohrbaugh said.
Simpson also said there is a noticeable growth of students’ capabilities over the years of doing Film Fest.
“We have had kids who have been doing it since freshman year, and each year, you can see the improvement that they are making,” Simpson said.
Rohrbaugh said that the Film Fest is a great opportunity that many students never have. “It is great to just have a little event where everyone who put in the work to make these films can see them play it on a movie theater screen,” Rohrbaugh said.