The Student News Site of Souderton Area High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Art show displays creativity

To showcase student artists’ talents, the art department held its annual art show on May 3-4, sharing their creations with the community.
Natalie Helfrich
Seeing double…Sharing his self portrait at the art show, senior Andrew Mathuthu discusses his piece with community members. The art show took place May 3-4.

Putting students’ artworks on display, art students had an opportunity to show their art to the community.
The art show was held on May 3-4 in the art hallway.
The art show was a two-day event in which students from varying art classes put their work on display for families, students and other community members to observe.
Handcrafts such as clay, sculptures, drawings and many more could be seen throughout the hallway.
Many art students are grateful for this event, as they were able to present all of their hard work and talent through the pieces they displayed.
According to senior Cassidy Harvey, the art show was beneficial because everyone has a chance to show their creative work.
“I love that we are on this wall together,” Harvey said. “There are no ratings, this show just allows artists to showcase their talents and who they truly are.”
Additionally, Harvey mentions the good feelings that come with the layout of this presentation.
“There is no competition,” Harvey said. “At its core, we are meant to feel seen rather than rated and that’s how this show makes us feel.”
Similarly, senior Andrew Mathuthu felt “appreciated” due to the art show.
“I like being able to show all of the work I have completed,” Mathuthu said.
Outside of the participants, many students that came to this event had a great time viewing the art.