The Student News Site of Souderton Area High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

‘The Fall Guy’ has fans falling for it

[SPOILERS] “The Fall Guy”, released on May 3, is based on a series of the same name starring actor Lee Majors.
Tristan Rocca Donna
Falling for it…Buying popcorn from Broad Street Theater employee Hunter Haight, sophomore Elijah Bleazard prepares to watch “The Fall Guy” for the first time. “The Fall Guy” was released to theaters on May 3 and stars actor Ryan Gosling.

“The Fall Guy” directed by David Leitch was released to theaters on May 3, 2024, starring actors Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt, and Hannah Waddingham. 

“The Fall Guy” is based on the show of the same name from the 1980s. It is a story about famous stuntman Colt Seavers played by Ryan Gosling. The movie focuses on the search for missing actor Tom Ryder (Aaron Taylor-Johnson), in Colt’s ex-girlfriend Jody Moreno’s (Emily Blunt) debut film. 

The story takes a turn when Colt uncovers the murder of Tom’s other stuntman and Tom augments footage incriminating Colt making him take the fall. 

Colt and  Jody rekindle their love while they expose Tom and Gail Meyers (Hannah Waddingham).

According to sophomore Elijah Bleazard, Blunt and Gosling worked well helping the movie overall with great scenes together. 

“Emily Blunt and Ryan Gosling worked great together in all their scenes, having great chemistry and hilarious moments,” Bleazard said. 

The music was a compliment to the action movie creating more energy that was felt by the people watching in the audience. 

“One part of the movie that I think was great was the music choice and how it made every scene ten times more energetic and cool,” Sophomore Ryan Gilbert said. 

The movie turnout was good according to Broad Street theater employee Zach Gross, with a steady flow of people.

“Overall turnout for Fall Guy has been pretty good with many moviegoers,” Gross said.

According to Gilbert, “The Fall Guy” had dangerous and engaging stunt scenes throughout the movie.

“The movie was good, especially with the stunts, one of my favorite scenes was when Colt jumped off the camera onto the helicopter at the end since it was so dangerous,” Gilbert said.

According to freshman Andrew Mast, the movie was great with lots of action. 

“I would [give the movie an] eight out of ten because Gosling is definitely my favorite actor,” Mast said. “I  thought the action was overall great, especially with some of the scenes.”

Mast said some of the movie’s best parts were the stunts performed on set.

“I think the best part of the movie was the stunts that they did, and it was cool how Ryan Gosling was doing most of the stunts,” Mast said.

According to freshman Liam Neubert, the comedy throughout the movie was well executed and had people laughing throughout the theater. 

“The theater was laughing throughout the movie and so was I,” Neubert said. “The comedy worked well, especially with how the actors worked well with each other and made the movie even better.” 

According to Gilbert “The Fall Guy” was a good watch and worth it for people because of the suspense and its engaging experience, keeping the audience on its toes.

“The Fall Guy” had big shoes to fill according to Gross, since May is normally when blockbuster Marvel movies release.