The Student News Site of Souderton Area High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

Weismantel is teaching interior design ins and outs

Introducing students to interior designing, family and consumer science teacher Tara Weismantel teaches the interior design class. Weismantel also runs her own interior design business helping clients create beautiful spaces.

By teaching the interior design course and running her own interior design business, family and consumer science teacher Tara Weismantel hopes to help students and the community excel in interior design.
According to Weismantel, she chose to create this business for the “everyday person” and “has been doing interior decorating for a while now.”
“I really started the business for the everyday-person,” Weismantel said.
Before Weismantel started her business, she had, and still teaches, interior design classes at the high school.
Senior Molly Tisoskey took interior design her freshman year and is now going to major in interior design in college.
According to Tisoskey, in Weismantle’s class she had “creative freedom” and “challenges” in making a room in interior design.
“I took the class my freshman year, but I do remember making a living room using different color schemes. I remember the challenge of trying to make things different colors,” Tisoskey said.
Senior Rose Hunsicker is also going to major in interior design in college.
Hunsicker said she liked the way the class was run by Weismantel.
According to freshman Peyton Kerr, she also enjoyed making a room in the class.
“On a website, we made a floor plan of our dream home. We got to create it and make it our very own design using different techniques,” Kerr said.
Starting this year, Weismantel is opening up a new dorm business trying to help seniors to prepare for college. She plans to open up “group sessions” or “individual sessions” for dorm designing.
“I am planning to do consulting sessions. It could be just you or it could be a whole group of friends,” Weismantel said.