The Student News Site of Souderton Area High School

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

The Arrowhead

New Year’s resolutions aim to implement healthy habits, brighter future

By creating New Year’s resolutions, people attempt to break bad habits for the 2024 year. While resolutions are often challenging to keep, many students are going to try to stay committed to their goals this year.
Kenneth Rodoff
New goal…strengthening her skills, Freshman Addie Yost is at practice for lacrosse to improve her skills in order to become a better player for the upcoming season.

In order to make a change in bad habits, many people create New Year’s resolutions to start off January on the right foot, but often fall through with them as the year moves on.
The new year sparks the idea of a fresh start and new beginnings.
With this, people are more likely to begin new habits and set goals for themselves.
“I think the new year is a good place to start for many. Everyone wants to start their new habits on a clean day, a Monday or the first day of the month,” Rising Sun Therapy owner Leah Andreoni said.
Many find it challenging to stay committed throughout the whole year to complete these goals, as they often create goals that are very broad.
“In general people don’t have a clear plan with very small goals with how they are going to reach that larger goal,” Andreoni said.
According to Andreoni, to see progress in these goals it is important to break them down into smaller ones in order to complete them.
“If you chunk it down month by month you’ll have a better success rate,” Andreoni said.
It’s important to create a plan on how you will complete your goal if you want to ensure that you’ll complete it.
“I would like to get better grades for the rest of the year, and I am planning on achieving that by studying more,” freshman Phillip Sawicki said.
Andreoni feels that it’s also a good idea for people to commend themselves when they complete something, even if it’s something small.
“Make sure to reward yourself when you make that change or reach your short-timed goals,” Andreoni said.
A good way to stay motivated throughout the new year is finding something to keep you motivated and push yourself to work harder throughout the whole process of achieving goals.
“Find something personal that will give you motivation,” freshman Abby McDonald said.
Another thing that can help improve the results of a goal is to listen to advice other people may give you.
“Listen to feedback that people give you and don’t take it as criticism but instead as something you need to work on,” freshman Cora Richter said.
According to freshman Addie Yost, by the end of the year the hard work you put into your goals will be worth it.
“It’s really satisfying when you see the results after you put in the work to be better at something,” Yost said.
New Year’s resolutions can often help individuals become the person they want to be.
“I think it’s important to always push yourself to become the best version of yourself you can be,” McDonald said.