Franconia Fall Fest offers variety of fall activities for all ages

Bringing the community together via fall activities, the annual Franconia Fall Fest provides fall-themed fun for all. The Fall Fest was held on September 29-October 1 at Franconia Township Park.
Maureen Yothers
Scary fun…Walking to the Franconia Fall Fest, scarecrow Keith Crabbs prepares to scare the attendees with Halloween spirit. The Fall Fest was held from September 29-October 1 at Franconia Township Park.

With a plethora of fall and Halloween-themed activities, the Franconia Fall Fest was held on September 29-October 1 at the Franconia Township Park as a way to promote community within the Souderton Area.
To organize the Fall Fest, multiple committees came together to plan several activities and events within the festival.
“We have several dedicated people that do this and it does take a lot of work. So, when ideas come, we definitely talk about it and figure out what we can do,” Fall Festival committee member Maureen Yothers said.
This year’s activities included a pumpkin patch, hayride and maze, music performances, helicopter rides, Jeep-O-Ween and a fireworks show.
With a wide range of activities, there was something for everyone.
“There’s so many aspects to Fall Fest that’s my favorite, but I know somebody else is going to have a different answer,” Yothers said.
A lot of vendors came out to the Fall Festival to sell their products.
For many vendors, it was their first time at this event.
Vendors enjoyed interacting with everyone at the festival, and being able to share their business with people.
One Kingdom Kraft vendor, who asked to remain anonymous said, “I think it’s a great way to gain experience and interact with others.”
A tradition that recently started is the Jeep-O-Ween, where Jeep owners come together and dress up their Jeeps for Halloween.
This was the second year that the Jeep-O-Ween returned to the fall festival.
“It’s a nice way to bring something different to the fall fast, but also still keep it within the theme of fall,” Yothers said, who organized Jeep-O-Ween.
Over a thousand people attended the event.
Many of them were able to check out the vendors, pumpkin patch, hay maze and other activities.
Many people came to volunteer and help out.
As this is such a big event, everyone who volunteered to help out contributed to this festival.
“I think without the help of the community members and the school and the students it wouldn’t happen,” Yothers said.
The Franconia Fall Festival is a special event to many in the community.
“I had a good time with my family and was able to see all the activities they had,” freshman Mackenzie Smith said.