Fans remember the Eras Tour ‘All Too Well’

Performing songs she’s written since she was 16 years old, Taylor Swift delighted fans at Lincoln Financial Field May 12-14. Swifties gathered to celebrate her different “eras” of music.

Photo by Avari Schlegel

Fly, Taylor, fly…Performing songs from her “Lover” album, Taylor Swift sings “Cruel Summer” during her May 13 concert at The Linc.

After five years, pop singer Taylor Swift takes the stage again on her Era’s Tour, being the first female artist to perform in the Lincoln Financial Field three nights in a row. Swift performed in Philly from May 12-14.
During all three nights, thousands of fans not only packed the arena but crowded outside to hear Swift sing her songs, consisting of her first album to her latest.
This gave fans the opportunity to hear their favorite song of hers.
“She played my favorite song ‘Style’ from her ‘1989’ album,” sophomore Addison Rausch said. “It was so upbeat and just an overall happy song.”
Likewise, sophomore Julia Decaro said she also got to hear her favorite song “Betty.”
For sophomore Lauren Vince, it was the “Folklore” album that she was eager to hear.
“I nonstop listened to that album all throughout COVID-19, and I really love the story she made with the album,” Vince said.
In addition to her upbeat and happy songs, some of Swift’s slower and sad songs are viewed as “relatable to fans,” sophomore Cayley Atkinson said.
“‘All Too Well’ was my favorite song because I was able to relate to it,” Atkinson said.
Vince said that different lights and acts made the show so entertaining.
“There are all kinds of visuals and stuff she has, no matter the view,” senior Sara Bishop said. “I feel like she does a good job no matter where you’re sitting, making sure you can see what’s happening, and being a part of it.”
Overall, according to Decaro, her vocals and performances were “perfect.”
In addition to the pre-planned setlist, Swift performs two surprise songs at each show.
During this part of the performance, Swift would play an unexpected song from one of her many albums. For some, this was the highlight of the whole night.
“They felt very personal because she didn’t sing those songs for any other concert,” Bishop said.
The concert doesn’t just stop at Philadelphia. Taylor is continuing the tour, hitting Pittsburgh, Pa. in June, along with surrounding states like New Jersey and Maryland.
For some of Swift’s fan, one night was just not enough.
“I definitely want to go back. It’s just so unlike anything I’ve ever experienced,” Bishop said. “I’m trying to get tickets to the New Jersey MetLife show because I want to go back so bad.”
Rausch also said that if she had the chance to go back, she would take it.
“If I could go again I totally would, I just think it would be very hard to get my hands on tickets again,” Rausch said.
Vince, who attended the concert accompanied by her cousins, said the ticket process was “very difficult.”
“My cousins were on Ticketmaster for three days straight, skipping school, praying to get us tickets,” Vince said.
Similarly, some of Swift’s other fans found they had the same experience.
For Atkinson, she went “through war to get tickets.”
Being a verified fan on the Ticketmaster app is what made Atkinson “lucky.”
“I was lucky. A couple months prior to the concert, I got last minute tickets through being a verified fan,” Atkinson said.
Months before the concert Ticketmaster launched a presale, which allowed fans the opportunity to get tickets early. However, for some fans the presale was not successful.
“When I entered the presale, I waited for hours,” Rausch said. “I finally got a ticket in my cart and then the app crashed.”
Bishop described herself as “looking stupid.” She carried her computer open through the hallways to make the presale.
“I was panicking texting my mom,” Bishop said. “I’ve never felt more stupid in my life.”
Bishop said that although the struggle was worth it because her music is a part of her life. “I have nothing negative to say about the concert,” Bishop said. “I’ve been listening to her so long her music is just a big part of my life.”
Swift will continue touring across the U.S. and Europe through August 2023.